Exposing The Spam Score in Outlook
In Outlook 2008 and later versions you can display the spam score of messages within the message list.
When utilising MailSite's MailShell Anti Spam Engine with Outlook it is possible for end users to quickly see the spam score of the messages in their inbox without the need to open the headers of a message.
First you need to ensure that you have enabled the sieve filter called 'Add Spam Score X-Header' in the MailSite console under Server > Filtering > Sieve Filter > Local Mailbox Filtering > Mailbox Delivery Script.
In each users Outlook you will need to perform the following:
- Download this zip file and extract it to a location on the computer:
- Click on File > Options > Advanced > Developers > Custom Forms > Manage Forms > Install.
- Find and select the X-Spam-Score.cfg file from the extracted zip file.
- Refresh the dialog so that you can now select the X-Spam-Score.cfg file you have just saved. Click Open > Ok > Close > Ok > Ok
- Right click the column header of the folder view you wish to add the column to and select Field Chooser. In the new dialog that opens use the drop down box to select Forms... > Spam-Score > Add > Close
- Click and then drag on the Spam-Score field in the dialog screen and place in your column headers in your desired location.
New messages added to the list will now have their spam score listed. Older messages will have a blank value as they were received prior to setting up this form.
See these other knowledge base documents:
Last revised 2015-8-6