Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname
MailSite 4,5 and 6 uses the computer name as the EHLO/HELO host when delivering. You may see delivery failures reporting:
Delivery failed error message from remote server: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname.
If you receive the above message, follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- Get the properties for My Computer, next click the tab; Network Identification.
- Click the properties button
- Under Computer name specify the HOST / Computer (example; mail)
- Next click the More button
- Where it says, "Primary DNS suffix of this computer; enter your primary domain name.
- Click OK and OK again
Now full computer name is: mail.domain.com
** You may have to restart the system**
If running MailSite 7 or later, then please review KB 10367 (see related items).
See these other knowledge base documents:
Last revised 2008-8-20